Submitted by David Comissiong
Dear Members of the Media,
I do not possess the luxury of time to be constantly used in responding to Hal Gollop’s absurd claim that the Immigration (Biometrics) Regulations 2015 were only an “idea” of the DLP Administration, and did not actually exist. I have therefore attached the following documents hereto:-
- Several pages of the actual text of the Regulations as made by Freundel Stuart on 17th April 2015 and published in the Official Gazette of 23rd April 2015
- The first page of the Official Gazette of 23rd April 2015. Please see the Contents section
- The text of the Barbados Government Information Service Release of 15th February 2016 announcing the decision and directive stipulating the fingerprinting of persons leaving and entering Barbados. Please see the fourth paragraph of the text of the Release which indicates that these measures “WERE MANDATORY UNDER THE IMMIGRATION (BIOMETRICS) REGULATIONS 2015”.
I would be grateful if you would publish these documents in order to safeguard the Barbadian public from being misled by Mr Gollop’s un-informed and misleading comments.
- David Andre Comissiong v Freundel Stuart, Adriel Brathwaite and Wayne Marshall
- Immigration (Biometrics) Regulations 2015